Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


Who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies?  I'm not sure, but I know that my family and friends love them!  I was perusing the internet one day and stumbled across a recipe for chocolate chip cookies called, "cheap and easy chocolate chip cookies".  I started craving cookies and decided to make them ASAP.  They were so simple to make, few ingredients, and they taste GREAT!

The recipe has no eggs or butter, just canola oil and molasses (for the chewiness, I guess).  It's a cookie dough eater's dream because there is no risk for salmonella (YUM!).  Anyways, the recipe said that for chewy cookies (yes, please) to bake for 6-8 minutes.  I noticed that the cookies were not spreading out like typical cookies, so when the timer went off, I didn't think they were done.  I ended up baking them for 8 minutes until I realized that they won't spread out because there is no butter in the cookies (duh).  The rest of the batch I baked for 6-7 minutes and they were very soft when they came out of the oven but firmed up slightly when they cooled.

The end result was delicious, brown sugary, chewy, addictive cookies.


I did a heaping tablespoon measurement for the cookies and got roughly 24 cookies.  They are the perfect 2 bite (or one bite, depending on your craving level) cookie ... and I always go back for seconds ... or thirds.

Enjoy!

yields about 2 dozen cookies
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
¾ cup light brown sugar
2/3 cup canola oil
2 tsp molasses
1 Tbsp water
2 tsp vanilla
2 cup flour, sifted
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp kosher salt
¾ - 1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350*F.  Lightly grease a cookie sheet or use silicone baking sheets.

Using a stand mixer, beat together the sugar, oil, and molasses until well-blended.  Beat in water and vanilla until smooth (it does take a minute or two). 

In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.  Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix well.  Fold in the chocolate chips.

Drop by heaping tablespoons onto the cookie sheet (they do not spread out when baking).  Bake for 6-8 minutes for chewy, soft-baked cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment